EXCHANGE BITCOIN LIGHTNING NETWORK TO TRON
What do you need to know?
- The average time for exchanging BTCLN to TRX is no more than 1 minute
- You only need 1 confirmation of the Lightning Network for the exchange
- If an error occurs when sending BTCLN, then you need to open a channel with FixedFloat. Information on how to do this is in our article
- If you see the message \”Payment in transit\” when sending BTCLN, then there is a problem between intermediate nodes. You need to wait for the final invoice payment or refund
A brief history of the Lightning Network
The Bitcoin community has long been baffled by the scalability issue. The speed of transactions fell, and the network fees grew. In 2015 Thaddeus Dria and Joseph Poon proposed a solution called the Lightning Network. The idea was to carry out some of the transactions outside the network, thereby reducing the load on the BTC blockchain. In 2018, the Lightning Network was launched in Bitcoin.
The Lightning Network is a system that helps users move funds among themselves without having to use a blockchain to verify a transaction. Instead, there is a quick check of funds from the sender and a request from the recipient who agrees to the transaction.
Problems that may arise when sending Lightning Network
- If an error occurs when you try to send the Lightning Network, then most likely it happened due to the lack of channels. The Lightning Network requires links between nodes. If your wallet allows you to open channels yourself, then you can open a channel with FixedFloat.
For more information on how to do this, see our article \”How to start using the Lightning Network?\”.
- If you see a \”Payment in transit\” message when sending the Lightning Network, it means the Lightning Network has been sent, but there is a problem with intermediate nodes. You need to wait for the final invoice payment or refund.
Lightning Network Speed and Fees
Since transactions on the Lightning Network do not end up on the blockchain, they are almost instantaneous. But if one of the intermediate nodes is off the network, the transaction may be delayed.
The fee depends on the intermediate channels through which the payment passes. Usually it is almost zero. But it so happens that some channels charge a high fee for passing the payment. It can reach up to 1% of the amount.
TRON at a glance
TRON is a blockchain-based decentralized open source platform founded by the Chinese company TRON Foundation, which is registered in Singapore. The main cryptocurrency platform is TRONIX (TRX). For the first time, the platform became known in the summer of 2017 from the Chinese entrepreneur Justin Sun.
Transaction processing speed in the TRON blockchain
The network is capable of processing about 1,500 transactions per second. The speed will directly depend on how many users are currently making transfers. On average, it will take up to 3 minutes to confirm your transfer. As the number of active nodes increases, this time may change.